American basketball player Kyrie Andrew Irving, better known as Kyrie Irving, now plays for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association. He was the first overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2011 NBA draft, and he ended up becoming the league’s most valuable rookie that season. Kyrie Irving’s estimated net worth is a whopping $90 million.
Kyrie Irving Age
American-Australian professional basketball player Kyrie Irving was born on March 23, 1992, and he currently serves as a guard for the Brooklyn Nets. Now he is 31 years old in 2023. Unfortunately, he lost his mother, Elizabeth Irving, at an early age.
His father was also a college basketball star. His word of an engagement to his longtime girlfriend Marlene Wilkerson spread quickly. The NBA veteran is the greatest ball handler in league history, and his ability to create shots ranks with the best.
Kyrie Irving’s Record-Breaking Shooting Exhibition
Kyrie Irving is regarded as one of the league’s all-time best point guards. With the help of Irving’s exceptional scoring and terrific one-on-one defense on the perimeter, the Cleveland Cavaliers became the first team in NBA finals history to come back from a 3-1 deficit and win the championship.
Kyrie Irving and LeBron James are tied for the record as the first teammates in NBA Finals history to score 40 points each. Irving set this mark in the playoffs in 2015–16.
During the 2021 NBA season, Kyrie Irving put on a shooting exhibition that will go down as one of the greatest ever. He has a career field goal percentage of 50%, a three-point percentage of 40%, and a free throw percentage of 90%.
In addition, he has broken other records, such as
- In one game, he put up 57 points. It was the most points ever scored by a player against the San Antonio Spurs, the reigning NBA champions.
- James and Irving made Finals history in 2015-16 by becoming the first teammates to each reach 40 points.
- He played in all 11 of the Celtics’ games and led the team in scoring with 245 points.
- In a victory over the Toronto Raptors that went to overtime, he scored a season-high 43 points and dished out a season-high 11 assists to become the first Celtics player since Antoine Walker in 2001 to do so in his first game
- Kyrie Irving, while playing for the Brooklyn Nets in the 2019–20 NBA season, set a new record by being the first player in NBA history to score 50 or more points in his team debut.
If you’re interested in reading more articles like this, you can follow us on Twitter.
You can read the following posts if you’re interested in reading more about the lives of other celebrities: