Overwatch 2 New Updates: This week, Overwatch 2 received its limited-time Battle for Olympus event, and with it, players were given the first set of patch notes for 2023, including changes to heroes and other aspects of the game. Among these are modifications to three characters, the most prominent of which is a buff for Junker Queen, one of the new heroes in Overwatch 2 who has fallen out of favor due to post-release nerfs. Several other issues were also addressed and resolved.
To those who were hoping for more hero tweaks than just those four, I’m sorry to say you’ll be sorely disappointed. Both Roadhog and Orisa, two characters that frequently feature highly on player concerns about the meta, are missing from the patch notes. The only heroes touched by this week’s update are Junker Queen, Zarya, Brigitte, and Moira, as described by Overwatch 2’s Aaron Keller, who called it “a tad lighter than typical.”
The intended adjustments for today’s balancing patch were moved forward to the patch in the middle of December, so “today’s patch is a bit lighter than usual,” Keller explained. Please note that the planned updates to Roadhog are not included in today’s patch and won’t be implemented until the middle or end of January.
Overwatch 2 New Updates In 2023 With Patch Notes
- Game Reports for completed matches in the history tab will stay persistent across sessions and reset between patches rather than every session
- The 2023 season of Competitive Capture the Flag begins on January 10 and can be found in the Competitive Play menu
- The Competitive Play loading screen has been updated
Hero Updates – Overwatch 2 Update 3.43 Patch Notes
- When an adversary with wounds dies, the character is healed for the remaining damage.
- For every enemy it damages, the cooldown is halved for a period of 2 seconds.
- The damage taken from being thrown has been halved, from 80 to 50.
- A trapped target takes an additional 30 damage from direct throws. Combines with damage taken from a Quick Melee attack or a counterattack with a Jagged Blade.
- Energy degeneration reduced from 2.2 to 2 per second
- Delay before energy degeneration begins after gaining energy increased from 1 to 2 seconds
SUPPORT – Overwatch 2 Update 3.43 Patch Notes
- Barrier Shield
- Health increased from 250 to 300
- Biotic Orb
- Dealing damage with Biotic Orb now restores a small amount of Biotic Energy
- Ramattra’s inaccurate Souvenir placement has been corrected.
- Kiriko’s Whirlwind emote no longer has dark textures on her Ofuda, as this has been fixed.
- We’ve fixed a problem where Reaper’s “Take a knee” emote wouldn’t end properly.
- Fix for a bug in which placeable abilities (turrets, mines) would continue to float after the destructible environment on which they were originally put had been destroyed.
- It has been resolved that some users may have experienced a black screen as the main menu background.
- An issue where “Group Up” would incorrectly respond with “I’m on my way” has been fixed.
- Resolution of an issue that caused fuzzy images on some consoles
- Issue rectified wherein certain players were unable to send invites to others on certain consoles
- Improved the Hero Gallery’s responsiveness on consoles.
- Fix a bug that prevented some players from gaining access to the next day’s challenge.
- Resolved an issue where “Invite to Custom Game” was missing from the Social Menu Fixed a bug where the “DRAW” text at the end of the game wouldn’t show up for players with a colorblind setting
- Fixed some areas that allowed players to escape the map boundaries
- Callisto Protocol Patch Notes: Here is Version 1.07 of The Callisto Protocol
- Hogwarts Legacy In 2023: Hogwarts Legacy Is On How Many Platforms?
- Fixed some areas where players could become stuck
- Fixed some areas where some abilities could be ‘eaten’ by the environment
- Fixed lighting and geometry in several areas across the map
Heroes – Overwatch 2 Update 3.43 Patch Notes
- Corrected an issue where Bastion’s entire screen would glow yellow after being healed by a Brigitte Repair Pack Corrected an issue where Bastion‘s death sound effects might loop at the place of death
- Fixed a bug with Swift Step in Capture the Flag that would send the Flag to the destination instead of dropping it where the ability was activated
- Fixed Mercy’s Guardian Angel sometimes allowing her to escape Ramattra’s Ravenous Vortex
- Ramattra‘s Hero Information page now has all of its missing materials.
- The number of projectiles displayed by Ramattra’s Primary Fire effects has been corrected for other players.
- The rumble effects on Ramattra’s gamepads/controllers should now begin.
- The days of Ramattra having many barriers up at once are over. To clarify, this is only possible in the Custom Game mode or in settings with very short cooldowns and never in the default modes.