There have been a number of changes in preparation for Season 3 of Overwatch 2, which begins today. Perhaps you’d like a rundown of the new features before the new season begins. There is a lot happening, therefore I will be presenting the information in several posts. In this section, I will briefly explain everything and suggest further reading.
Overwatch 2 Season 3 Patch Notes
For those curious, here’s the lowdown on season 3 of Overwatch 2: what’s new. Activision Blizzard, the game’s creators, has released the first batch of patch notes in an official blog post full of information on the upcoming season. Below, we’ve outlined the most important red flags to watch out for.
One of the most noticeable changes is the addition of the Arctic Peninsula as a new Control map. As Blizzard puts it, “We can’t wait to watch how the meta emerges for this frigid battleground,” which is a snow-themed Control map with some “interesting sights,” like an ice-breaker ship and a subterranean drilling facility.
According to Blizzard, “some of our most distinctive skins to date, and a few [that] have some interesting lore links we hope players will appreciate” will be available during the season, which will be themed around Asian mythology. Below is the Mythic Amaterasu Kiriko skin that can be unlocked by completing the Premium Battle Pass.
Blizzard has also pledged to increase the frequency with which awards are awarded, with “10 extra tiers of rewards on the free track, as well as 1500 Credits to earn and spend as you wish in the Hero Gallery.”
Click here to know Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Hints And GTA Xbox One, Xbox 360, And Xbox Series X/S Codes And Sons Of The Forest Xbox: Will Sons Of The Forest Come To PS4, PS5, And Xbox?
Starting on the 13th of February, you can participate in a Valentine’s Day Event that features “a Hanzo 4v4 Limited Time Mode and Support-themed missions that can net you two earnable legendary skins, among other incentives.”
In addition, Blizzard is incorporating a text-based dating simulation called Loverwatch, which is not official. “Players will select between two prospective relationship paths: Mercy or Genji” in this limited-time option. “Players will be offered dialogue opportunities to interact with that hero, with the help of Cupid (who looks strangely like Hanzo), and if they manage to unlock the secret ending, they will be rewarded with a themed POTG Highlight,” Activision Blizzard added.
From March 7th to April 6th, there will be a One-Punch Man event, which will feature “a variety of cosmetics from the beloved anime, including a Saitama skin for Doomfist,” and “a Legendary skin that is earnable via themed challenges.”
Overwatch’s limited-time Kill Confirmed mode and “a tonne of perks,” including an epic skin, six PachiMarchi player icons, a weapon charm, and a name card, will return to the game from March 21st to April 4th.
Workshop improvements, including “new moderation technologies that will automatically eliminate custom games with unsuitable titles or content,” are coming back for Season 3 as well.
Revealed: Season 3 Battle Pass Skins For Overwatch 2
The entire details of the Overwatch 2 season 3 battle pass, including information on how to obtain the game’s next cosmetic items, will be made public later today. See many of the new skins in action in the trailer below till then:
General Updates For Overwatch 2 Season 3
- New and Improved Subtitle Settings, including Text Scaling, Portrait Icon Customization, Name of Speaker Customization, Text Color Customization, Background Color Customization, and Subtitle Preview in the Settings Menu
- An option to customize the PC mouse cursor’s size has been added.
- The user interface now has a color scheme option, allowing you to pick unique hues for each group and each alert. There is now a preview option in the color picker for the accessibility settings.
- The new “Silhouette” player icon unlocks challenges for all heroes
- Tracking of individual roles in the weekly “Role Mastery” competition has been added.
- New Unlock Ramattra Tasks
- It’s now possible to bring some of your Season 3 Battle Pass progress over to the “Wins for Ramattra” challenge.
- Players can now publicly support the rival team.
- Free-for-all modes now allow endorsements for any player.
Report on the Match
- Scoreboards from prior matches can be viewed by players using the View Game Reports menu in the History section of their Career Profile.
Adaptations of Mysterious Heroes
- A squad can only have a maximum of three mystery heroes in any given role.
Take the role of Reinhardt in Mystery Heroes as an illustration. You also have Mercy, Ana, and Lucio on your team.
There are already three Support heroes on your squad, thus if you die, you won’t be able to resurrect as one. There are two types of hero respawns damage and defense.
- In Custom Games, navigate to Settings > Modes > All > Random Hero Role Restriction Per Team to adjust this new maximum role limit.
- In order for this option to work, the Respawn as Random Hero option must also be activated.
Overwatch Credits Are Back
• Overwatch Credits, formerly known as “Legacy Credits,” are once again obtainable in Overwatch 2 by use of the Season 3 Battle Pass.
- It’s possible for any player to receive up to 1500 free credits from Season 3 Battle Pass awards, plus an additional 500 from premium rewards.
- It’s possible to spend them in the Hero Gallery, which has been updated to include the vast majority of the seasonal Epic and Legendary tier skins that were published before Overwatch 2’s debut.
– This contains a wide variety of skins that were previously exclusive to the “Just for You” section of our Shop and could only be bought with Coins.
Changes To The Ping System
Ability cooldown times are now displayed in conversation when you press Ability 1 or Ability 2 with the ping wheel open and the corresponding ability is on cooldown.
If Baptiste’s Immortality Field is on cooldown and the Ping Wheel is open and the key or button to activate it is pressed, the remaining time before it can be used again will be displayed in conversation.